Public Restroom Mirror of Affirmation: An Unfortunate Series of Events (a photo essay)
- When I got into the office on Monday morning, I was greeted by these Post-It shenanigans on my monitor (and yes, that reads #sorryimnotsorry because even on paper, we use hashtags in Silicon Valley). Nice cheerful start to the morning, right?
- Then, I walked into the women’s restroom around noon and found these Post-Its along around the mirror…
- “Be your own valentine all year round!”
(Thinking: Okay, maybe just a stupid thing some sappy girl did for Valentine’s Day…)
- “Smile ☺ You Are L♥ved!”
(Rather than a public restroom, seems like a daily affirmation more appropriate to have on the mirror in your own private home— you know, the one into which you say, “I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.”— but okay, it’s still a nice sentiment…)
- “Bring one of these Post-Its to someone who needs it!”
(Yeah, that’s not going to happen— I don’t do chain letters, even if they’re on Post-Its…)
- “Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy too.”
Okay, now you’re just being unreasonable.